We have an opportunity for a Driver/Store Person, based at our busy London office.
The successful applicant will be working as part of our dedicated Installation Stores team within the London office and will report directly to the Stores Manager. The role will encompass maintaining stock levels of warehouse-held stocks through system checks and physical inventory.
The main areas of responsibility will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Ensure that all deliveries received correspond with paperwork and that they are receipted accurately onto the IT system.
- Maintain COSHH stock lines and ensure that legislation is complied with.
- Receipt all stocks ordered on behalf Repairs Section and ensure that all items are located and the respective Supervisor is informed.
- Return all faulty, damaged or incorrectly ordered stocks to the supplier in a timely manner and record the same.
- Organise driver and deliveries as required by Repair Supervisors.
- Ensure that urgently requested parts are sent via a courier if no driver is available.
- During periods of sickness and annual leave, ensure that requested deliveries are made.
- Ensure that all storage areas are kept clean, tidy and comply with Health & Safety requirements.
- Maintain building security.
The ideal candidate should have/be:
- A full, clean UK Driving Licence (Class C1) is mandatory.
- Ability to operate a reach fork truck (training will be given).
- Be IT literate in MS Word and Excel, and willing to learn.
- Be flexible to adapt to business requirements.
- Strong organisational skills.
- The ability to work unsupervised using initiative.
- Either 5 GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) at level A to C or relevant proven experience.
Benefits of the position for the right applicant include:
- Competitive salary; based on proven experience.
- Participation in the company profit share scheme after a qualifying period.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- 25 days paid holiday in addition to public holidays.
- Medicash Health Scheme and Wellbeing Scheme.
- Contributory Private Health Care scheme.
or please apply (in confidence) together with your CV to: email@example.com.